To make the beef croquettes:
- Chargrill the beef cheek and all the vegetables.
- Place the beef cheek and vegetables in a flameproof dish and cover with water. Cook overnight in the oven at 90°C.
- Once cooked thoroughly and vegetables are soft, strain the water and thoroughly mix the beef with vegetables (ensure the beef is warm enough when mixing).
- Spray a small tray with oil and line it with baking paper.
- Press the mixture into the baking tray, allowing the baking paper to be placed on top.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Cut into 9 lengthwise portions, each about 3cm wide.
- Coat each portion with flour, egg wash, and panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry croquettes at temperature of 180˚C until golden
To make red onion pickle:
- In a saucepan, bring vinegar, water, sugar, and peppercorns to a boil.
- Pour the hot liquid over the sliced onions and cabbage leaves.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then transfer it to a jar for storage until needed.